Trustworthy AI for Environmental Sciences Summer School
AI2ES organized our second online summer school at the end of June 2022. This year was very successful and focused on how we can improve trust in our AI/ML methods for weather and climate applications. Summer school featured a unique trust-a-thon where participants were given trained ML models and applied the techniques discussed in the summer school to enhance trust in the models.
Our goals were to:
- Share AI2ES work on trustworthy AI with researchers and students worldwide
- Engage researchers outside of AI2ES normal collaborators in work on trustworthy AI
- Build the global community of trustworthy AI researchers
- Serve as a nexus for trustworthy AI
We had participants from around the world who engaged in the morning lectures and the afternoon trust-a-thon! Our slides and materials and blogs are all available online:
- Course Information
- Interactive blog for students
- Zenodo for all of the slides
- Our github with all of our notebooks and shared code
We thank our sponsors: NCAR/UCAR, NOAA Center for AI, LEAP, Radiant Earth Foundation, and Google Cloud.