Code of Conduct
for the NSF AI Institute for Research on Trustworthy AI in Weather, Climate, and Coastal Oceanography (AI2ES)
*This is a draft Code of Conduct which will be finalized by the end of 2020*
- Members shall carry out their activities with integrity and the highest ethical standards. Members shall adhere to the AI2ES ethical code of conduct.
- Members will create and uphold a safe, open, welcoming, inclusive, and professional environment for learning, conducting, and communicating science with integrity, respect, fairness, trustworthiness, and transparency. This includes learning and using good practices for intercultural and diverse collaborations, maintaining the dignity of all individuals, and valuing diversity in all forms.
- Members must refrain from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and bullying.
- In addition to their own conduct, Members who either witness or are made aware of discrimination, harassment, or bullying by others should actively seek to prevent, report, and/or otherwise mitigate the offensive behavior.
- Members are also expected to adhere to their employer’s code of conduct and ethics.